December 2, 2014

Calling on the Lord: Days 18-30

I'm here tonight wrapping up my thoughts on 30 days of Calling on the Lord. One thing that I {re}learned in this last leg of the month is that God wants my "today", that all relationships are built on the everyday connections. I can't fall back on the past, lazily filling myself with old bread. I can't live in the future, when I think I'll have more time or heart for Him. I have today for Him. Today.

Psalm 92:1-2 says, "It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night..." In my real life seeking God looks like: pressing into His peace with prayers said in the morning and at night, singing songs of worship, putting the word of God before me, and using the day to live out real love.

The other thing I noticed is that I miss Him more when I haven't been near--like happily miss Him! It's like when life gets busy or confusing, and you haven't chatted with that old best friend of yours in awhile. Then you spend a few hours together and you realize again how precious they are and you miss them more. Calling on the Lord more intentionally is a lil' bit like that--you rediscover the beauty and majesty of your great God and you regret it's been so long since you all got together.

I don't where you're at with God, but I pray you move your heart toward Him today. God knows how to work in our real lives and through His word even teaches us how to connect with Him better. If you need prayer for courage or conviction to come to Him today, I'm praying for you!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment